Idols Quote Of The Day

Cameron Bruce, 9078, Johannesburg "I sort of just picture myself there and everyone else naked, you know?"

Graeme Wicks, 4330, Durban

Labels: , , | 1 comments»



Walking up and down the audition line and talking to randoms was an utter joy. This is where I met other golden ticket winner, Graeme Wicks, for the first time (he calls himself Wicki G). What a great little entertainer this guy was. He was dancing and shouting and doing twists and turns all over - this one's definitely a performer. When he noticed that I was sporting my ginormous rubber snake around my neck, he told me that he was absolutely terrified of snakes and said “I get a fright every time I get into the shower”.

He chose to audition with “Let Me Entertain You” and as he did a twirl during his audition, he ripped up the Idols sign that he was standing on. He also reached out to touch my leg as I gave him a post audition massage…

Graeme does theatre for a living and was told by the judges to take away the bravado and try doing his audition again. As we said our farewells he asked if he would see myself and the rubber snake in Jo’burg, which I affirmed. He then said “Well you can leave the snake at home. You can leave the snake and leave the clothes” as he tugged on my shirt.

1 comments:

Anonymous says
May 21, 2009 at 12:33 PM

Lize, I think you have a fantastic voice good luck I wish you well you are great, you should have been the winner!