Idols Quote Of The Day

Cameron Bruce, 9078, Johannesburg "I sort of just picture myself there and everyone else naked, you know?"

Lendel Moonsamy, 4471, Durban

Labels: , , | 14 comments»



Lendel’s a big Indian guy with an even bigger heart. He entertains non-stop; he’s constantly joking around with fellow contestants and the crew and seems like a pretty humble guy. When I asked him about the very prominent scar on his face, he said that he wants to tell me the real story and a made-up story and then I have to tell him which one’s the real one. Generally the wussy story is the real version (duh), which ended up as “I was nine months old and I cut myself with my grandfather’s shaving blade.” The made-up story was “I was in standard 7 and these dudes were picking on my sister, so I picked up a pencil and I tried to stab the one guy and he cut me with his knife.” He congratulated me on guessing the right answer and said “You’re good.”

Here's a home video of Lendel that he left on YouTube:

14 Responses to "Lendel Moonsamy, 4471, Durban" (Leave A Comment)

Anonymous says
February 23, 2009 at 3:59 AM

Lendel, Well Done!!! You make us Indians proud of you... You have talent and the judges have to admit that. We support you 101%... You go get them....

Anonymous says
February 27, 2009 at 12:01 AM

Lendel dont take to heart what the Whites say as they are JEALOUS of us Indians.We are with you Infinity % All the best and You are an Idol with/out winning :) and keep that smile always..

Anonymous says
February 27, 2009 at 1:45 AM

well done lendel ! I'm your biggest fan ! You're the best and you outshine the rest . I know you're gonna win and if you don't I'm still gonna buy your cd.

Anonymous says
February 28, 2009 at 9:18 AM

Just like Malema pushes people to vote for the underdog, so do all these racist comments....and who can say where exacttly they come from.... not all racists are white.

Anonymous says
February 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Lendel you have a superb voice and we support you all the way!!!!!!!

Anonymous says
February 28, 2009 at 9:51 AM

Lendel you have a superb voice and we support you all the way!!!!!!!

Anonymous says
March 2, 2009 at 2:18 AM

Lendel i think ur awsome.
get with it guys this is the new South Africa, if you cant deal with indians,blacks and colourds i suggest you leave, and go live in ur racist world, cos we dont need ppl like u in sa

Reshma Singh says
March 3, 2009 at 2:31 AM

Well done Lendel.......
YOU make us Proud....Go ahead and do what you do best!!!! and never stop

Anonymous says
March 16, 2009 at 3:25 AM

I think you absolutely rock Lendel..keep up the good work, and if you dont win Idols,it just means, God has greater things in store for you...

Anonymous says
March 27, 2009 at 4:33 PM

well done dear u will do well
proud of you

mwauhh

Char'os for life says
April 6, 2009 at 1:59 PM

Lendell, firstly well done for getting this far. I am on Telkom Closer Plan 3 and I asure you that this month I finished all my minutes on you. I even added a bundle on my cell contract. I am all for having char'o on tv. All the way bru ..........

Anonymous says
April 20, 2009 at 4:07 AM

Great stuff my boy -Keep the Indian Flag Flying as high as possible Boet -
Positivity is the key to success
Take no negativity form any of these guys (especiaLLY the other races)

there is only one race WITH only 1 winner .

all you do is keep trying
and you will win .
THIS COMPETITION IS LIKE ELECTIONS
THE MORE VOTES THE BETTER YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING IS (YOU DIDNT CREATE THESE RULES )
SO ,TO HELL WITH THESE GUYS THAT LEAVE NASTY REMARKS ..

I AS A PROUD SOUTH AFRICAN OF INDIAN HERITAGE IS EXTREMELY PROUD OF YOUR CAPABLITIES AND THE GUTS TO APPEAR ON A NATIONAL TELEVISION SET WHERBY MORE THAN 15MILLION VIEWERS GET TO ACCESS THIS PROGRAM.

................................... .................................
DJ FUNKY, DURBAN
........................

Unknown says
August 18, 2009 at 3:35 AM

hi lendel congratz on makin it so far.u r definetly an idol.i would love to c u perform and so aould alot of other fans from richards bay.please hav a gig ere please please pleeeeeeeeease

Anonymous says
December 22, 2009 at 1:36 AM

HEY... Lendel you blew us all away by your amazing voice.Taking us all by suprise and making it so far in idols. You have done us charO's proud!!!:)